If a baby found on road-side can you adopt it?

No, you cannot adopt the child directly. 

If you find any abandoned child in the need of care and protection, you can contact any of the following 

(a)  CHILDLINE (Toll Free Number-1098) 

(b)  Local Police 

(c)  Any Specialized Adoption Agency (SAA) 

(d)  Child Welfare Committee (CWC) 

(e)  District Child Protection Unit (DCPU). Note: Failure to do so may attract penal provisions, of 6 months imprisonment or a fine of Rs 10,000 or both as per Sections 32, 33, 34 of JJ (C&PC) Act, 2015.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *